Saturday, February 05, 2005

Music Help Needed

While driving on this beautiful 50+ degree Northern Virginia afternoon, I heard a song by Boston on the radio. I started thinking about bands that have a city, state or country as part of the name. I could only think of a handful (I'll list them below), but I'm sure there's a bunch that I'm missing. Help!!

Boston
Chicago
Alabama
Europe (I figured I would count a continent)
Eddie of (or it could be from) Ohio
St. Lunatics (this could be a stretch, but I'll give Nelly and company the benefit of the doubt)
Blind Boys of Alabama (of O Brother Where Art Thou fame)

I'm looking for band names not songs with cities, states, etc. in the title. I can think of a ton of these (Africa - Toto; tons of New York songs - Billy Joel, Sinatra, Ryan Adams; I Left My Heart In San Francisco - Tony Bennett; Sweet Home Alabama, Pennsylvania Polka, etc.)

I need your help since I'll be thinking about this all weekend (and probably into next week)!

No comments: