Monday, February 28, 2005

Post-Oscar Ramblings

I initially wrote last night, although I didn't post it, that I thought Chris Rock was good, not great, but good. He was at his best doing the one-liners before introducing a presenter and after someone won an award.

Although I don't think Rock needed to discuss politics in his monologue, what is wrong with people that they had to call ABC to complain that Rock was anti-Bush? How many people called ABC to complain about Rock's comment that Oprah is so rich, I saw John Kerry proposing to her? I would guess...none. I should call ABC to complain about Sean Penn. He may be a good/great actor, but he has no sense of humor.

I was 5 for 8 in my Oscar picks, 4 out of 5 for the acting and best picture categories. Not too shabby.

Maybe I will actually go see these movies. It's not that I'm against going to the movie theater. I just don't like paying $9 for it. I should start using my Entertainment Book coupons.

Finally, after hearing all last night and this morning that the DC area is going to get crushed by a massive snow storm (up to 10 inches and every school system closed AGAIN), there was maybe 2 inches today. Apparently, the weather-people are apologizing for wrong predictions. Thanks.

No comments: