Monday, February 21, 2005

Back in VA

First, I'd like to thank our host and hostess (who both actually read this) for a great time in Atlanta this weekend. For any Atlanta residents or visitors, I highly recommend Piedmont Park. It's a great place to walk around on a nice day (which it was), and they have a huge dog park with dozens of dogs running around. As with most vacations, we ate well and often. We also went to an improv comedy show on Saturday night, and stayed up much, much later than we usually do.

Now, it's back to reality. I'm off work today for Presidents Day. Thanks to the former Presidents for having a day! Unfortunately, this is my last day off until Memorial Day. There really should be at least one holiday a month. I'm sure we can come up with something historic for March and April. Baseball opening day could be a holiday. Same with the Thursday and Friday of the first round of the NCAA Tournament. How about a day for the Supreme Court Justices?

So what am I doing on the day off? Well, a new company is currently (as I typing) checking out our heater. For the first time ever, the noise is actually happening as someone is here. I think the last 4 technicians all thought we were nuts. I've never been so excited to hear that noise. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: