Sunday, February 06, 2005

Super Bowl Observations

I should be going to sleep since I need to get up for work tomorrow. That's my first observation, why not have the Super Bowl on a Saturday? That way people don't have to struggle at work on the Monday after the game.

The game and entire Super Bowl experience pretty much lived up to my low expectations. The game did turn out to be decent in the second half, but nothing very exciting. There was not many WOW moments. Throughout the game, I found that I was never rooting for one team over the other. Congrats to Josh Miller for getting a Super Bowl ring.

As for the commercials, pretty much mediocre. I like MC Hammer, but why was he in commercials for two different companies? Do advertisers realize it's 2005, not 1992? Was he that good in the Surreal Life to get these gigs? Well, it's not MC Hammer's fault. I'm glad he is still entertaining after going bankrupt. My favorite commercial of the evening, the FedEx Kinkos one with Burt Reynolds and the dancing/talking bear. It was well done.

Best moment of the pre-game show: the end of the entertainment. To be more precise, Charlie Daniels took off his hat and gave it to the guy from the Black Eyed Peas to wear, which he did. Then the Black Eyed Peas guy gave a shout out to themselves and their fellow performers: Charlie Daniels and Earth, Wind & Fire. I guess they forgot that Gretchen Wilson performed too.

No comments: