Monday, March 21, 2005

TV Update

I may be revealing a little too much about myself the last few days. While I am proud to say I watched the Animaniacs, and I enjoyed the Shark Attack Spring Break movie last night (more on that below), I am embarrassed that I am currently watching Still Standing (I think that's the name of the show) with Jami Gertz and the heavier guy from the Full Monty. Not a very good show, but I need some background noise. Anyway, Ben Savage is a guest star tonight. He's gained some weight. That's my observation. Maybe I'm just going through NCAA Tournament withdrawal. I can't wait until Thursday to watch WVU and Kevin Pittsnogle.

Back to Spring Break Shark Attack. I turned it off about an hour in because I needed to go to sleep. It was really funny, but I don't think it was supposed to be. I'm kind of curious to see how it ended. My guess is that the OC girl and the guy she liked (the "outsider" character) survived and lived happily ever after. The OC girl, who went to Spring Break without telling her overprotective and mean father, probably made up with him. Same with her brother, who was the shark researcher. Either that or the Dad was eaten by a shark while saving his kids. Oh and Kathy Baker and the other adult guy probably survived and got married.

Anyway, this seems like it could be the trend in TV movies. Last year, NBC had a movie where a giant earthquake (I think) made California an island and many people died. I'm suprised there wasn't a movie last spring about the cicadas attacking the earth. I guess they already did an asteroid hitting the earth movie.

No comments: