Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Welcome WVU Fans

Welcome to everyone visiting from WVSports.com. For the folks who regularly check this and have no idea what I'm talking about, apparently my blog has been referenced on a Mountaineer Message Board. For people checking this site for the first time, just so you know where I'm coming from, I was born and raised in Pittsburgh and grew up a Pittsburgh Panthers fan (I remember going to Pitt Stadium when I was in Cub Scouts, so that goes back a long way). While I didn't go to Pitt, I have many friends who did. I never liked Penn State athletics, but for some reason (probably Major Harris), I liked WVU. I also attended a camp outside of Morgantown for several years and was able to tour the sports facilities and hang out at Mario's. Plus, I went to the WVU-Miami football game a few years ago, and had a great time at Mountaineer Stadium. Great atmosphere to see a game. With all of this said, I'm still rooting for Pitt in the Backyard Brawl.

As I wrote several times in the last few weeks, the WVU basketball team has been great to watch. How can you not be impressed by a 6'11" center who shoots the three so well? So that's me.

Thanks to Kevin's mom, Tammy Pittsnogle, for checking out the site, and passing on the message to Kevin. He (and the team) have a lot of fans throughout the country, including this Pitt fan.

No comments: