Sunday, March 06, 2005

Sunday Ramblings

- I like Hootie & the Blowfish and thought they had some really good songs in the 90s. Are things that bad that Hootie (aka Darius Rucker) now dresses up as a cowboy and sings in a Burger King commercial?

- From the "I feel old" department, I got recertified as a soccer ref over the weekend. I first got certified in 1990. Some of the people in the recertification class were probably in diapers or not even born when I first got certified.

- From the "I feel young" department, I saw Sideways last night. Very good flick, and I feel like I should go to a winery ASAP. I was also happy to see that Lowell from Wings got some work. The ONLY downside was we were by far the youngest people in the audience.

- O-H...I-O. Big win for Ohio State against #1-ranked and previously unbeaten Illinois today in college basketball. It was a great basketball day. #3 Kentucky lost to Florida, #2 Carolina beat #6 Duke and #7 Kansas lost to Missouri.

- Lyric of the week: "Come together all over the world From the hoods of Japan, Harajuku girls" - Rich Girl by Gwen Stefani featuring Eve. Although I was not a big fan initially of remaking Fiddler on the Roof, this song is definitely growing on me.

No comments: