Friday, March 04, 2005

Sean = Football Coaching Genius?

Definitely not for real football, but I am doing very well as the coach of the Miami University RedHawks in EA Sports' NCAA Football 2005. In my first two seasons, I am 21-6 with a MAC title and two bowl wins. I was rewarded a 6-year contract extension and turned down coaching jobs at Michigan and Oregon State because I wanted to see if I could win a National Championship or at least go to a BCS Bowl game with players I recruited. Yes, this is an XBox game and it's a nice way to unwind after work. Anyway, the Big 10 invited me and Miami to join the conference. So for this upcoming season (that I'm sure will start over the weekend), I will face Ohio State, Penn State, etc.

You may be asking (well, probably not), how can the Big 10 add another team? The answer: they kicked out Michigan State, who is now in the MAC (and projected to finish 6th in the conference). There is no chance this would ever happen in real life. Miami has 14,000 undergrads compared to 40,000 at Michigan State. There's the history and tradition of MSU football (Plaxico Burress) and especially basketball. However, Miami was the home of Ben Roethlisberger, so maybe this is a good move! :)

No comments: