Sunday, March 20, 2005

Saturday Recap

First, I know there are some Syracuse fans and grads who read this. I hope that you're all doing OK after the SU loss to Vermont. If it makes you feel better (which I'm sure it won't), lacrosse season has started.

On to Saturday...I woke up around 5:30 this morning. Way too early for any day, but especially on a Saturday. I was scheduled to referee four soccer games: 7:00, 7:50, 8:35 & 9:20. Only one team showed up for each of the first two games so they were forfeited. While it's nice that I'll get paid for those games, I would much rather have had the extra hour and a half of sleep.

After lunch and running some errands, I did something this afternoon that I never do anymore, take a nap. I love naps! The days of nap time on blue mats have been gone for decades. In college, I would come back to my room after class, and fall asleep while watching Animaniacs before waking up for dinner. Unfortunately, I would sometimes wake up to the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers on TV. Anyway, when I'm running the country, I propose nap time everyday. Siestas for all!

No comments: