Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Random Ramblings

I read the Express nearly cover-to-cover everyday during my daily commute. In yesterday’s Fit section, I spotted an advertisement for Derrick Inglut Personal Training. If you look at the picture in the Express, on the front page of his website or below, it appears that Inglut has no chest hair except from his belly button down to his underwear. I’m certainly no expert on this, but it seems like there should be a rule that you either have all of your chest hair or none. By the way, who the hell walks down the street and pulls up his shirt for the camera?



Have you noticed the significant number of football players wearing just their short-sleeve jerseys during cold-weather games? The temperature during Sunday’s Steelers-Cowboys game was in the teens or low twenties, but it seemed like only a few players wore long-sleeve Under Armor style shirts under the jersey. We already know that they’re tough. Does this make them look tougher?



More and more, I seem to type Sena instead of Sean. If you see a reference to Sena’s Ramblings soon, that may be the reason why.

While shopping for jeans and pants over the past few weeks, I’ve noticed that there is no such thing as a size 33x29 anymore. It seems like the only 29-inch length pants out there are for 36-inch waists. Why is that? 36x29 seems like an odd body type.

If you can ice skate and play defense (I’m looking at you Arjewtino), the Pittsburgh Penguins need some help. Hal Gill is out for 2-4 weeks joining the already injured Ryan Whitney, Sergei Gonchar and Phillippe Boucher. (Yes, 4 of the top 5 defensemen are all out.)

Finally, I think our cat has a foot fetish. He likes to lick your feet when you get out of the shower; he seems to carry and play with socks regularly; and he can sense when you are tying your shoes from miles away and is ready to attack said shoelaces.


The photo of Deshea Townsend, Larry Foote and Nick Eason is via AP.

6 comments:

Gilahi said...

OK, I'm still trying to understand how "chest hair" can be below someone's belly button. Unless it's just incredibly long.

Messiah said...

I call out your blatant attempt to get more pageview hits from people searching for "shirtless Richard Ruccolo".

Anonymous said...

Football players prefer the short sleeved jerseys because it gives their opponents less to grab onto. I am also given to understand that they rub Vaseline onto their exposed skin to fend off the worst of the wind chill.

Anonymous said...

Not wearing long sleeves dates back to the first days of the game. It has nothing to do with grabbing - nylon, spandex, etc. leave nothing to grab. It has to do with the perception of toughness - and mostly the perception of your teammates.

lacochran said...

Ah the age old question of where to stop shaving. I've no answer but thanks for the eye candy.

Sean said...

Gilahi - Excellent point, but I'm not sure what else you would call it (and I don't want to search online for the possible term).

Messiah - Dammit. Now that you mentioned "shirtless Richard Ruccolo," I'll probably get even more visits from people searching for shirtless Richard Ruccolo.

Ouji and restaurantrefugee - Thanks for clearing this up. I'll go with rr's take. Just as a comparison between me and most football players, I took out the trash Sunday night wearing jeans and a sweatshirt. I ran back to my home because I was cold.

lacochran - To balance things out, expect to see some different eye candy soon.