Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Year in Review

Welcome to my 4th annual year in review, where I take the first line or two of the first entry of each month in order to produce a random and (hopefully) interesting summary of 2008.

January: New Year’s Day used to be one of the best days of the year as a sports fan.

February: Are you just sitting around your home waiting for the game to start?

March: Did you know that this week (March 3-9, 2008) is National Procrastination Week?

April: In preparing for the upcoming vacation, we thought it might be about time to join the 21st century and purchase a digital camera.

May: In addition to more upbeat stories about the economy and the fact that Rev. Jeremiah Wright won’t go away, one of the major news items this week was the Miley Cyrus pictures taken by Annie Leibovitz for Vanity Fair.

June: I have watched each of the first four games of the Stanley Cup Finals in a different state.

July: What do I have in common with Hillary Clinton? A: Shots of Crown Royal

August: So I’m at my fancy Chicago hotel where internet service costs $13+ per day.

September: During my recent visit to CVS Pharmacy, I noticed that they have this new little scanner where you can check the prices of your items and scan your ExtraCare rewards card for a coupon.

October: I have a problem with Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin and it has nothing to do with her political views.

November: I’m going on about five hours of sleep after attending Monday night’s Pittsburgh Steelers-Washington Redskins game.

December: I’m going to do things a little different for this week’s Steelers recap.

As usual, it seems like I wrote about a wide variety of topics, although sports tended to be the predominant subject. A little bit more politics than usual which should be expected seeing that there was an election this year.

On behalf of everyone here at Sean's Ramblings (that would be me), thank you very much for reading and your continued support. Have a Happy New Year!

6 comments:

lacochran said...

Happy New Year, Sean! Here's hoping 2009 is a blast!

Anonymous said...

And a Happy 2009 to you!

Lemmonex said...

Happy happy new year.

Anonymous said...

yep, happy 09.

rachaelgking said...

Happy ot 9, Sean!

Sean said...

Thanks everyone for the messages. Happy New Year to you too!