Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Trivia Tuesday

I’ve been having some computer problems lately, and I think this guy may be the reason why:



He's so cute but he jumps on the laptop keyboard way too often. Between the computer problems and finding out this morning that I lost in the playoffs in one of my three fantasy football leagues (I was up 25 points going into last night with the Carolina D against Steve Smith; I lost by 1 point), I’m not in the best of moods to start the day. Anyway, it’s Tuesday so on to the trivia. Your challenge this week is to identify the poet who wrote the listed works.

1. A Light in the Attic (book)

2. Leaves of Grass (book)

3. The Road Not Taken (poem)

4. Tulips and Chimneys (book)

5. Strange Fits of Passion Have I Known (poem)

6. Iliad (poem)

7. Concord Hymn (poem)

8. Just Give Me a Cool Drink of Water ‘Fore I Die (poem)

9. A Night Without Armor (book)

10. A Narrow Fellow in the Grass (poem)

As always, please do not use the internet for the answers (and least for now). Please leave your answers in the comments section below. You can either thank or blame Stump Trivia for creating this quiz. In case you were wondering, we got 6 out of 10 correct. Good luck!

4 comments:

Nichole Fisher said...

The kitten is too cute! As you can see from my blog, Katia likes to interrupt me at work too.

1. Shel Silverstein
2. Whitman
3. Frost
6. Homer
7. Hmmm, probably some New Englander

Gilahi said...

Crap. Nichole got every single one that I knew. Plus one more.

Sean said...

I knew this would be a tough one. Nicole, you are correct on all four and even that #7 is a New Englander (I think).

Should I give the other authors and have you choose which poetic work was written by the author?

Anonymous said...

I was up 8 points at halftime last night. Steve Smith killed me. I lost by 6.