Thursday, June 11, 2009

TMI Thursday: Find a Kid Next Time

Yesterday was Kids Eat Free Day at California Tortilla where you received a free kid's meal for each adult entree purchased. What a great deal as kid's meals are $4 or $5. So my friend visited a friendly neighborhood CalTort and ordered a Honey Lime burrito and a "Make Your Own Platter" off of the kids menu consisting of grilled chicken strips with shredded cheese and two 6" tortilla shells plus chips and queso, a brownie and a drink. When asked if I (I mean, my friend) had the child with him, the reply was that, no, he was at home. The employee then stated that the child must be present for this deal. This bit of information was not included on the California Tortilla website or the CalTort e-mail. However, I (sorry, my friend) did not want to argue since there was not a child at home, only a kitten. The nerve of my friend for even trying to get a free kid's meal even though there was no child!

Make sure to visit LiLu for more of your TMI Thursday needs. Plus, you can click here to see all of my TMI Thursday archives.

4 comments:

Messiah said...

I should have rented out my family.

Sean said...

Messiah - I'll have to remember that for next year!

I thought about this a little more today. If you had a 4 month old child with you, could you order a kid's meal? The kid obviously would not be able to eat a burrito but there wouldn't be a minimum age for this promotion, right?

rachaelgking said...

You (your friend) should wrap a baby doll in a blanket...

Sean said...

LiLu - My friend would probably forget and put the doll on the counter while he got his wallet out of his pocket.