Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Random Question of the Day

How do you pronounce the word salmon? I have always said sam-uhn, but over the past few days, I have heard several people pronounce the word as sal-mon. The "L" is silent, right (or am I wrong)?

As a tangent, we took an Alaskan cruise for our honeymoon and went to a salmon hatchery and saw the amazing work done to help breed and increase the salmon population. Then, we went to a salmon bake and had some of the best salmon I've ever tasted with a brown sugar and honey sauce (if I remember correctly). In retrospect, maybe the cruise line shouldn't organize these two events in tandem.

This post sounds like something Lemmonex would write except that I'm not including any recipes!


Look for a very special TMI Thursday tomorrow!

2 comments:

Nichole Fisher said...

I say it with a silent "L" and everyone on Top Chef says salmon too, so I think we're right.

Sean said...

Nichole - Since no one else commented on this, I think we're right!