Thursday, March 12, 2009

2009 Celebrate Fairfax Headliners Announced

It is my pleasure to provide this exclusive announcement* of this year’s Celebrate Fairfax! festival headliners.

Friday, June 5: Blues Traveler

It’s fine to start singing Run Around, but if you’re at work, you may want to keep your voice down.

Saturday, June 6: The Fixx

British band best known for One Thing Leads to Another. It’s not The Fixx’s fault that Toyota may have killed their song, Saved by Zero, by playing this song in millions of commercials during this past football season.

Saturday, June 6: Old Skool All-Stars: Tone Loc, Naughty by Nature and Sugar Hill Gang

Funky Cold Medina, OPP and Rapper’s Delight all live! I am extremely excited for this concert.

Sunday, June 7: Phil Vasser

I know little about country music, but my friends that are country music fans are excited about Vasser coming to Fairfax, VA. That’s a good sign.


I’ll write much more about Celebrate Fairfax as it gets closer, but for more information about the artists and the entire festival, visit the Celebrate Fairfax website.


* unless you already saw this somewhere else

2 comments:

lacochran said...

In college, my roommates told me I was doing Rapper's Delight in my sleep! :)

Excellent line up! Thanks for the heads up.

Sean said...

I hope your roommates recorded it. That would be awesome to hear!