Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Fantasy Television League

Way back in September, I mentioned my participation in The Alison LaPlaca Open, a contest to see who can guess which television shows would be cancelled during the 2006-2007 season. Now that the season is nearly complete, I have unofficially (depending on the status of Standoff and According to Jim) finished in the top ten, possibly top five, out of over 100 entries. I correctly predicted that What About Brian, Kidnapped, Happy Hour, Runaway, The Knights of Prosperity, The O.C., Seventh Heaven and The War at Home (thank goodness!) would not make it to the 2007-2008 season. Unfortunately, Men In Trees starring Anne Heche survived, and NBC was apparently smart enough to realize that The Singles Table was a terrible show and never aired it.

I’m definitely going to participate next year. My top pick will probably be Caveman, the new comedy based on the “guys” from the GEICO commercials.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

know what's sad, i'm in the business and i've never heard of those shows.

Rinsem's Rink said...

That sounds fun - I'll have to look into this for next season!