Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ted Marshall Open Television Death Pool

Over the past few years, I have participated in a television death pool named for an actress "who had a proclivity of being on quickly canceled programs." Unfortunately, she apparently now has a lawyer, so the name has changed "despite the fact it ran for nearly eight years without "harming" her career." (The quotes are attributed to the creator of the Alison LaPlaca, I mean, Ted Marshall Open Television Death Pool).

As I’ve mentioned before, in my first year, I finished an impressive sixth place out of over 100 entries but finished in the middle of the pack last year. Although I’ve spent much of the past few days preparing for and participating in fantasy football drafts, I need to quickly shift my focus to see what television shows I think will be cancelled at the end of the 2008-2009 television season. Is this the year According to Jim finally dies (not Jim Belushi, just the show)? Do I think people will watch Christian Slater’s new show? Knight Rider is really coming back?

Anyway, if you enjoy television or have ever even watched television, feel free to enter the contest. All you need to do is select ten shows that you feel will get the ax. It’s fun and much harder than you would think. Entries are being taken until August 31st at 11:59 PM Eastern time. Good luck!

No comments: