Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hopefully Not New Coke

One of the items always on my grocery store list is Dannon Light & Fit yogurt. Whether it is actually true or not, I feel like I’m eating healthier when I have one. I guess it is a healthier alternative than what I used to eat with my lunch, a Little Debbie Swiss Cake Roll.

During this week’s trip to Wegmans, I noticed that Dannon Light & Fit yogurt had a new lid with the tagline "Great New Taste!" Excuse me, but I like the old taste. The cherry vanilla is probably my favorite but peach and raspberry also vie for the #1 seed. Anyway, although I haven’t yet tried the new yogurt, I thought I would compare the old version to the new one. Please note that this is for Dannon’s raspberry flavor.

Old
60 calories
0% fat
Sodium - 95 mg (4%)
Total Carbohydrate - 11g (4%)
Sugars - 7g
Calcium - 20%

New
80 calories
0% fat
Sodium - 75 mg (3%)
Total Carbohydrate - 16g (5%)
Sugars - 11g
Calcium - 15%

Unlike the calorie count forum, I’m not all that concerned about the extra 20 calories. I just want to make sure the yogurt still tastes good. At this point, I’m a little skeptical.

1 comment:

Gilahi said...

More sugar, meaning more carbs. "Great new taste" means it's sweeter, I guess.

I used to love a cereal called "Just Right". Then they changed it. I always wondered why they'd change anything that was "Just Right". Wouldn't it, by definition, have to be worse? It was.