Thursday, May 29, 2008

Breaking News: Bear Sighting

I woke up yesterday in Orlando to the following news: A young bear was spotted outside the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando. Every local news station followed this breaking news story including at least one station providing live helicopter coverage. Of course, all anyone saw was pictures of the Hard Rock's pool. To prove that I am not making this up, here is the story from WFTV.

As of this morning, the bear has not been found, but the Hard Rock pool remains closed. The helicopters are back to showing unexciting traffic instead of pictures of the empty pool.

All I know is this...let the bears pay the bear tax; I pay the Homer tax. (That's home owner tax!)

2 comments:

lacochran said...

Sounds like a Hard Rock Hotel press stunt to me. Nothing like free advertising.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the Bear Patrol needs to step up its bombing campaign.