Friday, March 09, 2007

The Jody Gerut Experience

The few Pittsburgh Pirates fans out there that read this probably already know that the team cut outfielder Jody Gerut. Gerut was a bust since joining the Pirates in 2005 from the Cubs in exchange for Matt Lawton and cash. Although he hit 22 home runs as a rookie for Cleveland, Gerut only had 18 at-bats with the Pirates due to knee injuries.

While Gerut did absolutely nothing on the field as a Pirate, I do want to thank him for his book selection. In a recent Q&A (half-way through the article) with the Post-Gazette’s Dejan Kovacevic, Gerut talked about the book “The United States of Europe” by T.R. Reid. I was looking for a book when I saw the article and am currently reading Reid’s book courtesy because of Gerut’s comments.

2 comments:

Messiah said...

Did you notice that the scoreboard on the front page of this morning's Post said that Pitt lost last night against Marquette? I've been bummed all day about the loss, but just found out that Pitt in fact won the game. Stupid Pitt-hating Post.

Sean said...

I didn't notice it, but I also knew the result so I wasn't looking.