Monday, May 16, 2005

My Weekend & the Supreme Court

For my birthday, my wife surprised me with a weekend bed and breakfast trip to Culpeper, Virginia. We stayed at the beautiful Fountain Hall B&B. During the weekend trip, we visited James & Dolly Madison's place, Montpelier, which is under major renovation. It should be very nice...in 2008. We also visited two wineries and tasted many types of wine (and bought a few as well). So what does all of this have to do with the Supreme Court? The Court ruled 5-4 that states can't bar out-of-state wine shipments. I think this is a very good decision. It just seems silly to me that if you live in New York and want to buy wine from a Virginia winery, you could not do it before the Supreme Court decision. Next, maybe the Court (or at least states) can change some of the outdated alcohol laws, such as the Pennsylvania state store system.

No comments: