Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Steelers Notes

Can someone explain to me why the Steelers are 3 & 1/2 or 4 point favorites against Seattle? I can buy the explanation that the AFC is better than the NFC and that there will be more Steelers fans in Detroit. However, Seattle was 13-3 in the regular season, won 11 in a row before losing a game that meant nothing, was the #1 seed in the NFC and is coming off a dominating performance against a very hot Carolina team. Although the NFC was 30-34 against the AFC, that is a much better record for the NFC than the 2004 season. Plus, the Steelers were the AFC's #6 seed. It really seems like Seattle is getting no respect (I watched Rodney Dangerfield's Back to School on Friday night so this phrase seems appropriate). This scares me a little bit since I feel that this is extra motivation for the Seahawks. We'll see.

Here are a few Steelers links that are all over the internet. Thanks to Messiah for sending these to me: Steeler Baby and a nice montage to get you pumped up for the game.

I like the fact that the Steelers are wearing the road white uniform for the Super Bowl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty easy explanation for the line -- there are a lot more Steelers fans out there betting on the team, no matter what the line. And given the game is relatively even (in my opinion) going in, that action probably swings it in Pittsburgh's favor.