Saturday, January 07, 2006

New TV Network

I was awake late last night and decided to flip around to see if anything good was on TV. Near all of the movie stations that rarely play good movies, I found a station that was playing music videos. I was intrigued since, as a part of the original MTV generation, I like TV stations that actually show music videos. The show was called "The Click List: Top 10 Videos" and was on the LOGO network. I have never heard of this station, but figured it was named either for Jerry West or possibly the old computer program I used in elementary school where you had a turtle and made a house (FD 50, RT 90, etc.). The first video I saw (#5 on the countdown) was the new one by Beyonce followed by a video by (#4) Mary J. Blige. Sometime in the middle of this video, I selected the info button on my remote to find out more about this countdown. Here was the description: "The top lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender music videos of the week." WHAT? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I don't see the connection. What does Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, Kelly Clarkson, James Blunt and Madonna (I watched the end of the countdown) have to do with lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender music videos? Are there no current lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender artists that have music videos? If not, you can always show old Elton John, Melissa Etheridge and George Michael videos.

3 comments:

Archi said...

That is weird.

There are actually a lot of digital cable channels that show nothing but videos these days, and it's very refreshing. On my cable package, I've got several VH-1's -- like VH1 classic (mostly 80's), VH1 soul, etc -- and they're more or less commercial-free videos.

Messiah said...

LOGO has some decent programming, and I often stumble onto it without realizing, until the commercials. Again, not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's always odd to see Ben Franklin trying to pick up other guys in a tourist plug for Philadelphia. Plus, there are promos for that Noah's Ark show about four stereotypical gay men.

Sean said...

I actually do have a bunch of music video stations: MTV Hits, MTV Espanol, MTV Jams, VH1 Classic, VH1 Soul and VH1 Country. MTV Hits is my personal favorite, but whenever I turn it on, it always seems to be a Hilary Duff special.

As for LOGO, I'll have to see what types of shows they have. Seeing Ben Franklin pick up guys sounds very funny.