Thursday, January 05, 2006

It's Just Pat

Last August, I wrote "I'm waiting to hear Pat Robertson say that his quote about assassinating Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez was taken out of context. I'm sure that the liberal media twisted his words." While he did provide somewhat of a retraction at the time, he's at it again. This time, he is saying that Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine punishment for dividing Israel. I'm going to go out on a limb and say probably not. There was a good 1,500 to 2,000 years when Israel was not the Jewish homeland and even when it was, it was divided among tribes and other nations. (I may be a little off on my history here, so please add a comment if I'm wrong.) Plus, Israel agreed to the 1947 U.N. partition plan which divided what is currently Israel into a Jewish state and an Arab state. But that's just history. Let's go to the present. Sharon was working toward peace between the Israelis and Palestinians. Anyway, I'm getting away from my main point. Why is Pat Robertson still on TV? It seems like he says something outrageous every few months. Is it just so people don't forget about him and the 700 Club?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess Mr. Robertson didn't take into account that Sharon is no spring chicken. Most people who are as big as him or who are 77 years old are generally not in the greatest health. What a crock I guess we are still fighting science vs. religion. Here is to wondering what Robertson says on his deathbed.