Friday, January 29, 2010

American Idol Controversy

I don't watch American Idol, so if you're looking for detailed commentary of who will win this season based on a brief audition, you'll have to go elsewhere. With that written, my pop culture sensibilities require that I have a familiarity with the show. Therefore, I am aware of Pants on the Ground and am particularly impressed with Ithacappella's version.



Thanks to non-stop airing of American Idol commercials during the NFL playoffs, I know the guest judges this season have included Victoria Beckham, Shania Twain & Avril Lavigne. Do you notice a common thread between these three musicians? They aren't American! Between Simon Cowell and the guest judge, the winner of American Idol is being determined by non-Americans. The British and Canadians have taken over the show! This may be worse than the Tea Tax! I demand that Fox gets rid of these foreigners. (Speaking of which, is Foreigner going to be a guest judge?) How can it be American Idol without Americans? Why is there not a revolution? At the very least, Fox should change the show's name. To show my displeasure with American Idol, I will continue my boycott of the show! Who's with me?


Keeping on the music theme, I am thinking about doing a live blog of the Grammys on Sunday night. My decision rests entirely on whether or not there are people interested in participating. If you are interested, please let me know via the comments or by e-mailing me at seanramblings at yahoo [dot] com.

1 comment:

lacochran said...

I'm with you on the boycott because you're right about it being rife with non-Americas, by golly! Well, that plus it comes on opposite Biggest Loser, which I never miss.