Friday, November 11, 2005

Sean's News & Notes

* I visited a kindergarten class today for their fall celebration. I got to read a Clifford book and basically helped out while class participated at five different stations: cookie decorating, fall bingo, storytelling, pumpkin measuring and another one that I can't seem to remember at the moment. The kids are very cute.

* Thanks to VH1's Best Week Ever, I learned that the Tony Danza Show had a Who's the Boss Reunion. How did I not hear about this? Was Alyssa Milano there?

* "The Biggest Little Game in the Nation" takes place Saturday. (I didn't make up the name; Sports Illustrated did.) I'm sure that you know that I'm referring to the Cortaca Jug game between Ithaca College and SUNY-Cortland. Here is a preview of the 64th Bombers/Red Dragons game and here is another one if want more. If you can't make it to Ithaca for the game, go to Crystal City Sports Pub in Arlington (which is where I will be).

* Today is November 11th. Isn't it a little bit early for college basketball? George Mason has already played two games including tonight's 83-78 overtime loss at Wake Forest. Although there is no such thing as a moral victory, hopefully Mason will be able to build off this game for a successful season.

* Finally, thank you to all of the veterans for their service and sacrifice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sadly, Ithaca did not triumph at home this year...grrrr.....I am just glad I am not working at the same school as last year. I was one of 2 Ithaca alumns among a sea of Cortland alumns--Monday would be unbearable if I were still there.

Christine

Sean said...

I work with someone who graduated from Cortland, but fortunately she wasn't really interested in the game.