Monday, August 29, 2005

Katrina

In mid-May, I wrote about my trip to Gulfport & Biloxi, Mississippi. I didn't write it then, but I clearly remember something that my cab driver told me on the way to the airport. Maybe it's me, but I'm not very good at striking up conversations with cab drivers. So naturally, we talked about the weather. It was beautiful the three days I was there, and according to the cab driver, it had been like that the two weeks prior to my visit. I remember the driver telling me that because the weather had been so nice, it was going to be a bad hurricane season. His prediction was correct. Although most of the coverage has focused on New Orleans, which was somewhat spared considering the early reports of complete destruction, the Mississippi Gulf Coast has been hit very hard by Hurricane Katrina. I don't really have much more to write. I just hope that everyone there is safe.

No comments: