Thursday, October 29, 2009

TMI Thursday: Movember

Just yesterday, Lemmonex asked if there are any male bloggers left. My reply was yes, though we mostly write about sports. I realize that some of my female readers probably skip right over my sports posts, so that's part of the reason why I enjoy writing these TMI Thursdays as a change of pace. It's Tim Wakefield pitching the day after Doug Drabek! Anyway, I have a topic today that will appeal to both sexes: facial hair!

Inspired by the retired blogger formerly known as Arjewtino and the guys at Hugging Harold Reynolds, both former participants, I am proud to announce that I am growing a moustache for November, er, Movember. Actually, my real inspiration may be my dad, who has had a moustache (or beard) for nearly my entire life. Starting this Sunday, Movember 1st, I will grow a moustache for a full month to raise awareness and funds for the fight against prostate cancer. The funds benefit the Prostate Cancer Foundation and Lance Armstrong Foundation. Here's more about Movember in a fancy video:



I realize that there really isn't too much here to qualify for a TMI Thursday. I think the fact that I am going to share pictures of myself as the moustache progresses is somewhat of a TMI in itself. Plus, I will only be a few days into the moustache growing process when a big work conference begins. That could be interesting.

If you'd like to contribute to Movember, click here, though I would completely understand if you want to see the moustache before you do so.

For more TMI Thursdays, please visit LiLu and you can click here to see all of my TMI Thursday archives.

4 comments:

carissajaded said...

What a great cause! And I love mustaches! SO... I think its a win/win tmi!

lacochran said...

You said "It's Tim Wakefield pitching the day after Doug Drabek!" and all I heard was WahWahWahWah. Just like Charlie Brown's teacher. Huh.

Good luck with the mo!

Sean said...

Thanks carissajaded! I'm sure that there are probably a few people who aren't exactly thrilled about me growing the mo or don't really like mustaches.

Lacochran - I had to use at least one sports metaphor. It's required in my blog bylaws!

Brendon said...

Mustaches are awesome