Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Trivia Tuesday: Aesop's Fables

I'm back from Portland (more on the trip tomorrow) just in time for Trivia Tuesday. Listed below are the morals of 10 fables by the Greek writer Aesop. Your challenge is to identify the title of each fable. To make it not impossible, the titles (A-J) are listed after the morals:

1. Better beans and bacon in peace than cakes and ale in fear.

2. Slow and steady wins the race.

3. It is best to prepare for the days of necessity.

4. Those who want too much lose everything.

5. Little friends may prove great friends.

6. The evil doer often comes to harm through his own deceit.

7. I’ll be they’re sour!

8. Even when liars tell the truth, they are never believed.

9. Persuasion is better than force.

10. People often begrudge others what they cannot enjoy themselves.


A. The Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing
B. The Dog in the Manger
C. The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse
D. The Boy Who Cried Wolf
E. The Goose That Laid the Golden Eggs
F. The Lion and the Mouse
G. The Fox and the Grapes
H. The North Wind and the Sun
I. The Tortoise and the Hare
J. The Ant and the Grasshopper

It's a nice little multiple choice game! As always, please leave your answers in the comments section and do not use the internet to search for answers. In case you are wondering, we scored 8 out of 10 missing only #1. Good luck!

This quiz is courtesy of the fine folks at Stump Trivia.

4 comments:

Gilahi said...

Hmmm.... I know some of these right off the bat:

2 - I
3 - J
5 - F
7 - G
9 - H

Assuming these are all correct, I only made 5 out of 10, but given you said "we", I'm assuming there was input from more than one person. Yeah, that's it.

Nichole Fisher said...

1 - C
4 - E
6 - A
8 - D
10 - B

neena said...

I think I got them all. My Mom would be proud!

1 - C
2 - I
3 - J
4 - E
5 - F
6 - A
7 - G
8 - D
9 - H
10 - B

Sean said...

Let's go to the answers:

Gilahi - All 5 are correct. Gold star!

Nichole finished off the other five. Gold star!

Neena - All 10 correct (and I'll trust that you didn't look at Gilahi & Nichole's answers) :)
Gold star!


Gilahi - If it was just me, I would have only got 2 or 3 correct.