Thursday, August 13, 2009

TMI Thursday: Blisters

I have blisters on the bottom of both of my feet. Since it is TMI Thursday, I could share pictures of my feet, but I like you and want you to come back. Anyway, I believe that the cause of these blisters is new cleats that I bought in early July. I figured that the blisters were fairly natural with the new shoes during the first few times I wore them. However, after wearing the cleats on about ten occasions including Wednesday night (with a two week break from the last time I wore them), my blisters are worse than ever. I even had a bloody sock courtesy of one of my blisters after last night’s impressive 11-10 victory ultimate frisbee victory. (Take that Curt Schilling!).

Since I have frisbee games on Friday, Monday and Wednesday and am working as a soccer referee on Saturday and Sunday, I could be in a lot of pain over the next week. Plus, I really don’t want to go through a half-dozen bloody socks, unless of course, they are going to the hall of fame. Therefore, I’m writing to see if anyone has any suggestions about how to treat blisters. My feet, my socks and I would be extremely thankful!

Make sure to visit LiLu for more TMI Thursdays. Plus, you can click here to see all of my TMI Thursday archives.

6 comments:

Messiah said...

If you haven't tried it, moleskin always worked wonders for me (basically it's a reverse band-aid that covers your blisters and protects it from whatever's rubbing into you). You get a sheet of Dr. Scholl's and cut it to size.

rachaelgking said...

I so feel your pain...

Brendon said...

I had a similar problem from running. I was told to wear two pairs of socks with the top pair inside out. This worked wonders for me. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

be a man and deal with it!! just kidding, i wear thick running socks with my cleats and afterward soak my feet in epsom salt.

Sean said...

I couldn't find moleskin at Giant, so I'm going to go with two pairs of socks tomorrow. I also bought Epsom Salt and may use it after tomorrow's game.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I'll keep you posted (if you're really interested).

Anonymous said...

Your lovely wife found you moleskin at Target today.