Thursday, February 15, 2007

A New I Am An Idiot

This appears to be a regular feature (see my experience with forgetting Steelers tickets in Virginia). After driving home from work yesterday, I attempted to park in one of the open visitor spaces in our complex. Sounds innocent enough, right? Well, the crew who plowed the complex moved all of the sleet/ice behind cars and blocked all of the parking spots. I tried to get into one space but got stuck. This isn’t the idiot part yet (although you may disagree). After trying to go forward and in reverse multiple times, I decided to try and remove the ice by my tires by using my feet. No luck. I got a shovel, but again had no luck. From there, I got my wife to try and move the car while I pushed. Not a chance. Next idea, continue shoveling and throw multiple cups of salt all around the tires. At this point, we were making some progress but I was still not in the spot. Here is the part where I’m am idiot. Noticing that one wheel was spinning but the car was not going anywhere, I decided to throw salt at the tire. Of course several pieces came flying back, hitting me in the face. Fortunately, I did not get hit in the eye, which would have been painful. Regardless, this was not a smart move. Oh, we got the car in the spot only a minute later (more shoveling and more salt).

I do learn from my mistakes. When I came home tonight, I parked in the shopping center next to our complex instead of dealing with parking spots instead. Of course, if my car gets towed, I'll have a new idiot post tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have a question about something youve posted on your site. Its of somewhat a personal nature so I dont feel comfortable leaving a public comment on your site. Please email me at noitsnotok@mail.com. Thankyou.

John

Sean said...

John, I sent you an e-mail, but if you want to contact me directly, my e-mail address is seanramblings(at)yahoo.com.

As I wrote in the e-mail, you are welcome to ask any questions, but I may decline to answering them.

I certainly understand if you do not want to admit to working out to Walk Away the Pounds DVDs! :)