Wednesday, January 04, 2006

What to Write?

There's so much going on that I'm going to briefly touch on a few topics. I guess I'll start with the tragedy of the miners who died in West Virginia, and the mistaken report that 12 of the 13 miners were safe. Terrible story.

Meanwhile, all eyes are on Israel and Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, who suffered a massive, life-threatening stroke. I certainly hope that he is able to recover, but the initial reports are not good as he had/is having surgery to drain blood from his brain.

On a much lighter note, it is 10:30 Eastern time on Wednesday evening as I am typing this. Yet, the Rose Bowl between USC and Texas is only at halftime. This game won't end until 12:30. I'm not staying up for the end. Actually, I'm going to sleep now. Good night.

1 comment:

Andy said...

The Sharon news is sad, but I bet that he'll be back in the saddle in no time, hosting New Year's Rockin' Eve 2007...