Monday, April 19, 2021

The Moose Knows Basketball

My ten year old, The Moose, is obsessed with sports. I know that I’m to blame, but I wish he had other hobbies and interests like doing his schoolwork. My friend organized a men’s NCAA basketball tournament pool, and I submitted two entries and let The Moose and his now seven year old brother complete a bracket. Here are the results:


The Moose finished in 30,564th place. This doesn’t seem impressive except that’s 30,564 out of probably 15 million entries (and significantly better than me). That’s fantastic!

I would say that I should probably listen to his sports advice now, but that’s not happening. We watched Space Jam on Sunday, and The Moose told his brother that Michael Jordan was a basketball AND a baseball Hall of Famer from his time on the Chicago White Sox. Jordan never made the majors and is not in the baseball Hall of Fame.

On a complete tangent, I only saw one three pointer in the Tune Squad-Monstars basketball game, and it was by Wayne Knight by complete luck. I assume that the upcoming Space Jam movie starring LeBron James will be filled with threes to reflect the current NBA.

No comments: