Sunday, July 30, 2006

A Cultured Sean?

I talk a lot about TV and sports, but there is a different side of me that I don't share very often. I have a little culture in my life once in a while. In fact, in the past week, I attended an art festival and went to The Kennedy Center for a performance. OK, so based on this picture below (my favorite from the festival which I'm probably not allowed to show so I better say it is from Agoo Art), I'm not quite ready for the art world.



As for The Kennedy Center, we saw the Reduced Shakespeare Company perform "The Complete History of America (abridged)." Very, very funny. I highly recommend seeing them if they ever tour in a town near you. Not exactly Hamlet, but I'm still going to consider myself cultured (at least this week).

1 comment:

Nick said...

Hwy, the Reduced Shakespeare Company stakes its reputation on "Hamlet" -- in an abridged form, of course. I saw this show when it first premiered at the Pittsburgh Public Theater (!!) along with a Bible-themed show. Both had their moments, but if you ever get a chance to see the "Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged)," that's where it's at. Actually, one small ammendment: accept no substitutions. The Reduced Shakespeare Company has made rights available to any company to produced their stuff and an otherwise well-oiled version I saw in Chicago last year simply was not as charming without the true Reduced Shakespeare Company performing it. One other note: "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare" takes "Titus Andronicus" -- Shakespeare's most violent, bloody play -- and reduces it into a Julia Child-esque cooking show. That's f'in brilliant.