Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Ramblin' Man

* Do people not work over the summer? After two months of being able to get a parking spot at the Park 'n Ride at 8:15 and a relatively easy commute to work, the parking spaces are now gone at that time and the Metro is packed. Where did all of these people come from and can they go back?

* What mothers decide it would be a good idea to be on MTV's Date My Mom, where young men date mothers to decide which daughter to choose?

* I have watched a lot of national news the past few weeks for the Katrina coverage and discovered that 1 in 10 people have Restless Legs Syndrome. I'm sure it is serious for some people, but when I think of restless legs, I think of someone sitting in a cramped airplane. It just sounds like someone made this up.

* Bow Wow was much better as Lil' Bow Wow.

* Since I finished Harry Potter, I have read a wide variety of books: 1776 by David McCullough, Playing for Keeps: Michael Jordan and the World He Made by David Halberstam, Hocus Pocus by Kurt Vonnegut and A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby. Very different but all were very good. The current book I am reading is Winning the White House, 2004: region by region, vote by vote (I think I know how it ends), which was partially written by one of my college professors. I've read 13 pages thus far.

As always, please let me know if you have more book suggestions.

No comments: