Friday, September 30, 2005

I Can't Take It Anymore

I'm watching the Pitt-Rutgers game on ESPN2 and with 11 minutes remaining in the 3rd quarter, Rutgers is winning 27-0. I'm not even sure if the game is as close as the score indicates. Pitt has no running game and QB Tyler Palko gets hit every time he goes back to pass. Why is there college football on Friday night to begin with? Here is how football is supposed to work: Friday night - High School; Saturday - College; Sunday - NFL.

I have no idea how (actually, Palko threw a TD pass to Greg Lee), but Pitt scored a touchdown. It's now 27-7. Um, Go Pitt!

UPDATE: Of course, I couldn't turn off the game and I'm glad I didn't. Pitt made a nice run, but fell short losing 37-29. The one (and maybe only) positive from the game is that Pitt may have finally found some receivers to compliment Greg Lee in Derek Kinder and Darrell Strong. However, unless the offensive line gets better, Palko is not going to make it through the season healthy.

No comments: