Friday, March 02, 2012

2012 Celebrate Fairfax Headliners

Celebrate Fairfax, Northern Virginia’s largest festival, announced its headliners for the 30th annual event taking place on June 8-10 at the Fairfax County Government Center. I am quite excited by the line-up.

Friday, June 8
The Legends of Hip Hop including Digital Underground, DJ Kool, Rob Base and Young MC and hosted by Flavor Flav. These four groups/individuals are responsible for some of my favorite songs of all time. I’ll share the videos below, but let’s see the other performers first.

Saturday, June 9
Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo. Benatar previously appeared at Celebrate Fairfax in 2002 which was also my first year at the festival. Quick story: As I was leaving the restroom during the festival, Giraldo, Benatar’s husband and guitarist, entered. I said hey, and he replied hey. I wonder if he still remembers our meeting.

Sunday, June 10
The Legwarmers. The best 80s cover band ever. Most of their performance was cancelled last year after it rained (that’s quite the understatement). Anyway, it’s definitely worth seeing The Legwarmers live.

To learn more about Celebrate Fairfax, including ticket information, go to their website. Now enjoy some great songs/videos.






1 comment:

Matt said...

I soooo want to attend this festival! I was raised in Fairfax and now reside in South Florida (blah). I just wanted to express my interest in this festival and I hope I can show up sometime... I noticed the Fixx playing on YouTube from the Fairfax Festival and wish I was there. Not sure what year the Fixx performed?