Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Major Announcement

Have you ever noticed that local news seems to have “Breaking News” nearly every day? It always seems to be a minor car accident or a cat stuck in a tree, but as soon as I hear breaking news, I stop what I’m doing and run to the television. I just hope that this major announcement lives up to the hype unlike the seemingly false alarms on local newscasts.



Over the past few weeks, Pink, Alanis Morissette and former Miss California Carrie Prejean all announced that they are pregnant. Well, I am proud to announce that I too am pregnant! No, that’s not right. I am going to be a father. To my knowledge, my pending fatherhood has nothing to do with Pink, Alanis Morissette or Carrie Prejean’s pregnancies.

So what does this mean for my blog? I can’t believe that you’re asking this! The birth of my child and the excitement of being father are much more important than this blog. What? You didn’t ask this question. Well, I’ll answer the question any way.

My wife isn’t due until early April, so I don’t anticipate any changes to the blog over the next few months. Once our child is born, I expect that my posts will be even more incoherent as I get less and less sleep. Otherwise, I may share some stories about being a new father (I can already see potential posts about the costs of certain baby products) and how or if I should hope that my kid becomes a Pittsburgh Pirates fan while living in DC. I'm sure that I'll still write about Pittsburgh sports and free food deals, so you may not even notice a difference.

So that’s my major announcement. Please drive through to the next window.

7 comments:

Cotter said...

Congratulations, Sean!!! That's so exciting!

Marc said...

Even though you should have planned the birth around Auction Draft Day I am still very excited for you. :) Congratulations!

Are you going to find out the sex?

Brendon said...

Congratulations. And may your first child be a masculine child.

lacochran's evil twin said...

Wow! Congrats!

Oh, and don't forget I ordered fries with that.

I hope Ziggy is appropriately excited.

tecmo said...

dskjigsadkjgkdj

asfdljkbadsfklbj

dslafndlasncongrats!

Sean said...

Thanks everyone! I don't think Ziggy (or we) has/have any idea of how our lives are going to change.

We have found out the sex, but I think I'll save sharing that here for another time.

Brad said...

If its a boy may I suggest the name Brad? Or Victor. Congrats!