Thursday, October 22, 2009

Top Five Comedies On Television

This is something that I have thought about a lot lately and just feel like sharing. In no particular order, here are the top five comedies currently on television:

Big Bang Theory
30 Rock
How I Met Your Mother
Modern Family
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Curb Your Enthusiasm

I cheated and added a sixth since I don't get HBO, and therefore, watch Curb infrequently. According to Jim would have made this list, but sadly, the show has been cancelled. (Can you notice the sarcasm?)

So what shows make up your top five (or six)?



P.S. Don't forget to enter Sean's Ramblings First Contest to win a very nice watch.

3 comments:

carissajaded said...

Its Always Sunny
Scrubs
30 Rock
The Office
Cougar town
How I met your mother
Curb your Enthusiasm
Modern Family

I lead a sad, sad, life.

but we could watch tv together! I keep hearing Big Bang Theory is good but have yet to check it.

Brendon said...

1. Always Sunny
2. Malcolm in the Middle
3. Big Bang Theory
4. How I Met Your Mother

Admittedly, I don't watch a lot of TV. Always Sunny is the only show I watch religiously.

Messiah said...

I haven't really watched Big Bang Theory or Always Sunny, so this may be stilted. Anyway, I think there's a difference between "funniest" comedy and "best" comedy. The ongoing storyline and character depth make How I Met Your Mother the "best" comedy, I feel, but it might not be the the funniest of the shows out there. So, I'll rank on funniest:

1) Curb Your Enthusiasm
2) 30 Rock
3) Modern Family
4) The Office
5) How I Met Your Mother

Honorable Mentions: Community, Parks & Recreation

And Daily Show or Colbert probably get in there if they count as comedies.