Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Joe Biden is a Steelers Fan

I knew there was a reason why I liked Senator and Vice Presidential candidate Joe Biden. From The Washington Post (near the end of the article):

On Friday night, when Obama and Biden met Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin in Pittsburgh, Biden recounted how "Old Mr. Rooney" -- Steelers owner Dan Rooney -- dispatched some players from his championship team to the hospital room in Wilmington where Biden's two toddler sons, Beau and Hunter, were recovering from the accident. They brought the boys an autographed football as a Christmas present.

"And I have been a Steelers fan since that day," Biden told Tomlin.


I’m wondering whether The Washington Post meant Art Rooney. Regardless, it was a nice thing for the Steelers to do.

(from The Burgh Blog)


The Washington Times has more about Mike Tomlin’s interaction with Barack Obama and Joe Biden.

"You've brightened what has been a miserable day," Tomlin told Obama. "I had to cut 23 guys this morning. Hardest day of the year."

Obama told Tomlin, "Your owner has supreme confidence in you."

Tomlin told Obama opening day is "Next Sunday here in Pittsburgh."

"Good luck on the season," Obama said. "We're very proud of you."

Tomlin replied, "You have our support, our well wishes, our blessings and prayers."

"I'll be watching the games, I might even try to come to one," Obama said.

Tomlin said, "We're playing in DC the night before the election, but no pressure."


Even if Obama can't attend the Steelers game in DC, I'll be there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to throw up.

Sean said...

Anonymous - I hope that it wasn't something you ate. Food poisoning isn't fun. Maybe too much alcohol? Remember, liquor before beer. Make sure you drink some water.

Captain Easychord said...

sarah palin's a steelers fan too...