Friday, September 08, 2023

Welcoming Lucy

My brother and his family got a kitten named Lucy at the beginning of the year. Unfortunately, their dog constantly chased Lucy whenever they were together, so Lucy really didn’t have the freedom to roam around the house whenever and wherever. Because of this, not long after we had to say goodbye to Ziggy, they asked if we wanted to take Lucy. Between some vacations and work needing to be done at the house, we delayed a decision until late August when we said we would take her. On Monday, we brought Lucy home.


For the first 4-5 hours at our home, Lucy stayed in the basement. While she found her litter box, ate food, and drank water, Lucy didn’t really let us near her. I get it. She’s in a brand new place, and three loud boys will make anyone want to hide! With everyone in bed and me sitting on the couch watching TV, she ventured to the main level of the house and even upstairs. I worked from home on Tuesday to get some bonding time with Lucy. She did more exploration and started being comfortable around me. I mean, I have some scratches on my hand and arm (she made me bleed my own blood), but she purred and seemed happy to be around me.

(The next two videos are not suitable for work or kids.)


She's starting to get into a routine. She sleeps/hides under one of the living room couches when the kids are home in the evening. They are loud, and she doesn't seem to want to deal with all three. The big adjustment for us is going from Ziggy, an older cat who slept a lot including on or next to me to Lucy, a kitten who has incredible energy. She's basically Roy Kent. She's everywhere.


Enjoy some pictures!







No comments: