Tuesday, September 05, 2023

August Review

I’ll admit that I’m stealing this post directly from Heidi. She regularly writes “Housekeeping” posts where she highlights activities and events from the previous month and previews the next month. So this represents my highlights from August.

* August started with me visiting my mom in South Florida. It seems like the summer weather there consists of extremely hot and humid temperatures and/or torrential thunderstorms. That’s the weather Every Single Day!

* The Moose and Pedro Tulo went to an overnight camp for three weeks. They both had an amazing time and wanted us to sign them up to go for seven weeks next summer. Three weeks is plenty. I’m so happy that they were happy at camp. It’s such a great experience for them to be at a place they enjoy, meeting new people, and trying new things.

* You would think with Luigi at home, it would be much easier with just one kid. Nope. He can be a handful just on his own.

* Saw “The Play That Goes Wrong” at the Kennedy Center. Might have been the most I’ve laughed in years.


* If you didn’t see them earlier, please check out my posts about seeing Pink and my Dad Camp week activities. Those were both big events in August.

* The Moose started middle school. He was nervous about going to a new school and navigating his way around the building, but he seems to be doing okay so far. One quick story. On the first day of school, a girl in a few of his classes had Ohio State stickers all over her water bottle. He wanted to wear his Ohio State T-shirt the next day in an apparent attempt to show that they had something in common, so I washed the shirt for him. The Moose wore the shirt the next day, but she wasn't there.

* Seems like good starts to the school year for Pedro Tulo and Luigi too as they began 4th and 1st grades. Luigi has the same 1st grade teacher as his brothers. She's the best, so we're very happy about this.

That's about it for August. I participated in a few fantasy football drafts and made some big trades in the fantasy baseball league I've been in for over 30 years. I've also made a goal to write at least 8 separate blog posts, so please visit often to see if I accomplish my goal!


The Play That Goes Wrong photo by Jeremy Daniel.

No comments: