Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Trivia Tuesday: 2011 Movies Edition

I thought about creating a Trivia Tuesday where you would guess the top 10 or 20 highest grossing films of 2011, but I decided against it. Instead, your challenge is a test of your memory. How many of the 50 top grossing movies of 2011 listed below did you see?

1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2
2. Transformers: Dark of the Moon
3. Twilight: Breaking Dawn
4. The Hangover Part II
5. Pirates of the Caribbean
6. Fast Five
7. Cars 2
8. Mission: Impossible
9. Thor
10. Rise of the Planet of the Apes

11. Captain America
12. Sherlock Holmes
13. The Help
14. Bridesmaids
15. Kung Fu Panda 2
16. Puss In Boots
17. X-Men: First Class
18. Rio
19. The Smurfs
20. Super 8

21. Rango
22. Alvin and the Chipmunks
23. Horrible Bosses
24. Green Lantern
25. Hop
26. Paranormal Activity 3
27. Just Go With It
28. Bad Teacher
29. Cowboys & Aliens
30. Gnomeo & Juliet

31. The Green Hornet
32. The Lion King 3D
33. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
34. The Muppets
35. Real Steel
36. Crazy, Stupid, Love
37. Battle: Los Angeles
38. Immortals
39. Zookeeper

40. Limitless
41. Tower Heist
42. Contagion
43. Moneyball
44. Justin Bieber: Never Say Never
45. Dolphin Tale
46. Jack and Jill
47. No Strings Attached
48. The Adventures of Tintin
49. Mr. Popper’s Penguins
50. War Horse

I saw a grand total of 5 of these movies: 4 in the theater (Hangover II, Super 8, The Muppets & Moneyball) and 1 on DVD (Bridesmaids). I’m not counting Lion King since I saw it in the 90s and not in 2011 or 2012. I am obviously a hermit.

So how many movies did you see? Please leave your answer and any thoughts about the films in the comments section below.

7 comments:

Nichole Fisher said...

I saw 6 of the movies. Most during the summer blockbuster season: #1, 2, 12, 13, 14, 17. I saw all of them in the theatre. Specifically at the cinema grille where you get to eat dinner at the theatre while you watch the movie.

Christian said...

I saw 16 of them. All in the theater except Pirates of the Caribean and Smurfs I watched with my family on Christmas. And Green Hornet and No Strings attached I watched on a flight to Europe.

And with few exceptions (moneyball, the help, Super 8) this list justifies my opinion that this was a really bad movie year.

lacochran's evil twin said...

4, 12, 14, 27, 30, 36, 40, 43. Well, I feel asleep on Gnomeo & Juliet. Does that count?

Messiah said...

11. Only one not in the theater -- Yay, kids movies! But Cars 2 was an atrocity. And Hop was even worse. I am a less worthwhile human being for having seen Hop. I believe my kids also saw 11, but it was a fairly different list.

Sean said...

Nichole - The dinner/movie theatre sounds like a fun place. How's the food? Do they have waitstaff come out to serve food while the movie is playing?

Christian - I figured that you would be the leader in seeing the most films. Did you happen to see Footloose? (How did that masterpiece not make the list?)

Lacochran - Yes, falling asleep during Gnomeo & Juliet counts.

Messiah - I would say congrats on seeing 11 movies, but it sounds like you don't want to count Cars 2 and Hop. Would it have been better if they combined the films into Hopping Cars.

Nichole Fisher said...

The food is pretty good. You can get typical movie snacks like popcorn and candy but you can also get pizza, burgers, etc. The waitstaff take your order before the movie starts but you can buzz them during the movie if you need something else. Oh, and they serve alcohol :)

Laurie said...

Wow. I saw 18! And The Husband saw probably about 5 more. Geez, we watch a lot of movies. But mostly my count goes up because of all the kids movies we watch. When it comes to Saturday night, I would much rather watch any new release, even if it's Zookeeper, than another rerun of a Disney kids show.