Thursday, October 08, 2009

TMI Thursday: Strip Club Story

Lacochran was kind enough to bestow upon me the "You Shoulda Been a Stripper Award." I think I'm in pretty good shape, but I don't quite have the six-pack (or any-pack) abs to be a stripper. As part of this award, I'm supposed to list 7 of my personality traits, as evidenced on my blog and then pass the award on to 7 other blogs with notable personality. So if I read this correctly, I won an award, but now have to do work and share my personality traits? Thanks but no thanks (at least on the personality traits thing; I'll keep the award and thank the academy and um, why is the orchestra playing already!?!). Nevertheless, I am truly grateful to Lacochran for thinking of me!

Instead of providing a list of my personality traits, I figured that I'd share a story from my bachelor party. After partaking in food and games at the Penguins practice facility (unfortunately Mario Lemieux was not in attendance), my brother arranged for us to visit a local strip club. Seems like your typical bachelor party, right? Well, this wasn't just any strip club. It was a sparsely populated one where the women didn't fully strip and there was a special feature: Bare-aoke. This could have been fun if the strippers were singing karaoke, but that's not how it worked. Bare-aoke was for anyone and everyone! While I'm sure other people performed, and I actually remember looking through the song list, the only person I recall singing resembled this actress from The Wedding Singer:



The song: Nancy Sinatra's These Boots Are Made for Walking. We were having a pretty miserable time up until that point anyway, but when she started singing, we quickly downed our two drink minimum and got the heck out of there.

Please make sure to visit LiLu for more TMI Thursdays. Plus, you can click here to see all of my TMI Thursday archives.

3 comments:

Travis said...

You should have said this to the best man:

"I made you my best man. All I want right now is for you to go up there and sing with her. Come on, I made you my best man. Best man..."

rachaelgking said...

Was anyone and everyone naked? Dayum.

Sean said...

Travis - You make an excellent point except the best man was my brother and he would have turned the tables on me when I was his best man.

LiLu - Fortunately, none of the singers were naked. Unfortunately (actually, I think this was somewhat fortunate as well), the strippers weren't naked either.