Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Win a Trip to Washington DC

Even though I recently won the Mega Millions lottery, I still go through the coupon section of the Sunday newspaper. This week’s coupon section included a contest by Smucker’s where you can win a personal fitness and nutrition consultation by Denise Austin in Washington, D.C. Since I’ve always wanted visit Washington, I thought I would look into the official rules.

The great prize winner receives "one 4-day/3-night trip for winner and one guest to Washington, D.C. for a 4 hour fitness consultation and personal training session for winner with Denise Austin." While I’m sure that the winner will be excited to have the session with Denise Austin, he/she may be reluctant to tell the guest that their 4 hour fitness consultation will consist of walking on the Mall in 95-degree weather and 100% humidity.

The winner also receives "round-trip coach air transportation from a major airport near winner's home to Washington, D.C." Since the closest airport to my home is Washington Dulles, if I win would I have to fly from Dulles to Washington National? If so, I’m not looking forward to the layover in Chicago or Atlanta. If I have to fly from Dulles to Dulles, do I still need to go through security? I guess I could always eat at the airport California Tortilla.

Of course, the official rules have a provision if the winner resides within 100 miles of Washington, but I think it is funny to think about someone flying from Dulles, BWI or National.

Anyway, to enter the contest, visit the Smucker's website.

3 comments:

Captain Easychord said...

I actually know someone who once flew from dulles to national on a commercial airline... it was something of a special circumstance, but amusing nevertheless...

Sean said...

Captain - How exactly did that happen? Was this a case after 9-11 when if someone sneezed within 30 minutes of landing at National, they would divert the plane?

Captain Easychord said...

the plane was originally headed to national, but for some reason couldn't land there and went to dulles instead... for some reason, I think it may have been weather related...