Friday, May 01, 2009

I Won the Lottery!

The Virginia Lottery has a great advertising campaign at some Metro stations. It’s a simple electronic billboard with bright red numbers indicating the current jackpot for Mega Millions. I’ve noticed the numbers gradually increasing week after week until it said $155 million on Tuesday. I figured I could use a few extra million (in addition to the zero million I currently have), so I played the lottery for the first time in years. Well, you are now reading the blog of the winner of Mega Millions! That’s right; on one of my tickets I selected one of the pick five numbers correctly and also got the mega pick number. I spent $5 to win $3. That’s enough to buy 3 more tickets today since apparently no one won the jackpot.

Here’s your question of the day: If you won the lottery (let’s say $100 million as opposed to $3), would you still work? Please note that being a full-time blogger doesn’t count.

8 comments:

lacochran said...

Hell no! I might work at something I wanted to do but I wouldn't work for a living. Big difference! Enjoy your winnings!

Gilahi said...

Actually, I've done that twice. I got a great kick out of telling all my relatives that I'd won Mega Millions. Funny how they assumed it was the jackpot...

Nichole Fisher said...

If I won that much, I would not work. I could afford to be a stay at home mom. Not that I have any kids, but that's what I would do.

tiny350Z said...

I would work... and even possibly at the job I'm at now. But I would probably have a different home out of the area... I like my job...

Maybe I'd just work part time, and find a way to work from my new home, on the beach.

Symo said...

Not as an employee, but as the business owner. I'd open a sports bar with a bedroom on the second floor so I didn't have to drive home...

Archi said...

I believe I would work two days a week, because at that level of commitment it would actually just be fun. That would leave me free to pursue other interests the majority of the week. And my employer would know that if they screwed with me, I'd just tell them to fuck off.

Christine said...

I would work in some way, probably part-time, as I would get bored just sitting around counting my money....okay, maybe not right away, but it would happen. And after taxes, I'd still need more. : )

James said...

Awesome. Lets get it going!