Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Tabloid Fantasy League

ESPN.com's Bill Simmons wrote an article last year with an idea about a fantasy celebrity league. I learned last week (thanks to the Washington Post Express) that this type of league now really does exist. According to the site, www.tabfl.com, the "celebrity fantasy league games follow a photo-based scoring system using TABFL's "Big Four": People, Us Weekly, Star and In Touch. Celebrities with the most photos will score the most points and help you win prizes. Each week we tabulate the pictures and record them in Tabloid Fantasy League's Celebrity Box Scores. Score with your favorite celebrities every week at TABFL. If your celebs are in, you win!"

I actually want to try this. I haven't done much research other than just visiting the website, but if you're interested in joining a league with me, let me know.

3 comments:

Ar-Jew-Tino said...

When I read about the league this week, my first thought was, "Didn't Simmons write about this?" I haven't heard him weigh in on this, have you?

Anonymous said...

You should check out Fafarazzi.com, too. It's similar to tabfl it seems but looks like there's a ton more people on there, more action

Anonymous said...

I am one of the founders of TabFL.com the Tabloid Fantasy League. Thanks for mentioning us. Please come in and start your own public league. We have several bloggers that have their own public leagues. You are welcome to start your own league. We have thousands of members and over 100 leagues.