Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Big East Basketball

Gary Parrish of CBS Sportsline (who I've never heard of before today) wrote an article that really upset me, and I have no idea why. Basically, he wrote that the Big East conference is really good at the top and really bad at the bottom. The more I think about this, the more I think that he's probably right. Pitt, Syracuse, Marquette, UConn and Georgetown should all have great seasons. Meanwhile, Rutgers basketball has been terrible, DePaul has been disappointing and St. Johns is down at the moment. With 16 teams in the Big East, you can't expect all of them to be great.

With that said, how is the Big East different than any other conference? Every major conference has some elite teams and others that are not. Please show me a conference with no bad teams. You may say the ACC. Well, Miami is 4-3 with losses to Northwestern (who lost to Cornell!), Buffalo and Cleveland State. Who has Virginia Tech beat?

That's my rant for today. Thanks for reading.

No comments: