Monday, November 20, 2006

Prison Break, Heroes and Football

That's a pretty good Monday night! While I know that Prison Break is extremely unrealistic, the story is good and you become invested in the characters. And who doesn't like a little government conspiracy? Plus the show is easy to follow...unlike Heroes. It doesn't help that I've missed the first few episodes, but I have no idea who is who and how everyone is related. Who are the good guys and bad guys? I'm guessing we're not supposed to know. Over the past few weeks, Heroes has become a must-watch show for me. Are there other people who read this who watch the show and can fill me in? Is this like X-Men where the people are mutants who are misunderstood by everyone else? The person responsible for the tagline "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World," which has been featured in ads for weeks, deserves a lot of credit. I'm guessing that more than a few people tuned into the show just to see what that means.

While I'm sure some of you are expecting me to write about the Steelers, I'm going to wait until next week. To me, next Sunday's game at Baltimore will define the season.

It's halftime of the Jaguars-Giants game. I'm rooting for David Garrard and the Jaguars defense to have a good second half and hope that Jeremy Shockey does nothing. Here's how you (well, me) know that you have a fantasy football problem: I'm going to go to bed soon, but will not sleep well tonight because I'll be thinking about whether or not I won this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am addicted to Heroes - more so than my comic book loving husband! I would not be able to do justice to the story line here, so I suggest you go to the website and read the episode summary's with pics:

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/episodes/

Click on the thumbnail of Peter's back in a white coat for the 1st episode. If you have any specofoc questions, feel free to ask!

Just a note - an IC alumn is on a few of the episodes - Mike Maury (Rob and I knew him in the music school) plays one of the deputies in the diner scenes - Episode 108 and some in the future Go IC!

Sean said...

Christine - My problem is that I don't know what questions to ask. Of course, now that I know there is an IC alum in volved, I'm definitely going to support the show!