Friday, August 14, 2020

Friday Video: Happy Endings

You may not remember this, but Modern Family seemed cutting edge when it first debuted. I mean a story partially about a husband and wife with three kids? That was definitely unlikely for many people in 2009. When I recorded Modern Family on my DVR, it picked up the first minute or two of the show Happy Endings. I found that minute or two consistently funny, and I eventually started watching Happy Endings too. Unfortunately, Happy Endings only lasted three seasons. I guess that it didn't get great ratings, but I found it to be one of the funniest shows on television.


I bring this all up because last month there was a Happy Endings reunion as a fundraiser for Color of Change and World Central Kitchen. Sure, a 2020 episode of the show where the characters are all on Zoom isn't the same as a regular episode, but the writing is still there, and the characters are just as fun as they were in the early 2010s. Enjoy!

No comments: